Having a plan for your pet(s) is important during a hurricane. Make sure you have the necessary supplies to maintain them safe and healthy when disaster strikes. Do not leave pets unattended or at home alone and always bring your pet with you.
Pet-friendly evacuation centers are available in Miami-Dade County. Evacuation centers will be announced as needed.
Pet Disaster Kit:
- Collar with tag and sturdy leash
- Extra collars and leashes
- Rabies tag, Microchip and contact owners contact information
- Pet medication
- Medical records and current vaccinations
- Current photo of your pet to prove ownership
- Food (for at least 2 weeks)
- Water (for at least 2 weeks)
- Manual can opener
- Cat litter, liners, and pan
- Plastic trash bags
- Toys or supplies to entertain your pet
- Muzzle (if necessary)