Special Projects Department
- Inform and Prepare Immigration application such as Citizenships, Residency, Work permits, Affidavits of support and Relative petitions. Certain applications are done online and others are submitted by mail. An average of 25 applications are done on a monthly basis. Serving Sweetwater Residents. Located in the second floor at Sweetwater City Hall.
- Rental assistance for residents that met the eligibility scale (emergency) are assisted by applying at Sweetwater City Hall. A landlord letter and proof of urgency are required. Residents on a fixed income with unexpected financial burden. Payment directly made to landlord. The number of people assisted depends on funding. On the average 10 monthly.
- Utilities such as FPL, water, and bell south. Sweetwater residents need to apply at City Hall with the disconnection notice or final notice. Residents with a fixed income and proof of unexpected financial burden. Payments are directly made to the company. On the average we service 12 monthly depending on funds
- The monthly food distribution is on the last Friday of every month depending on availability of food, currently there are 720 households enrolled from The City of Sweetwater and surrounding community. Distribution site 10600 SW 4 St Sweetwater, FL 33174. Based on the income eligibility scale household eligibility for USDA Commodities
- During the holiday season 600 baskets (to prepare complete meal) are prepared and distributed to the needy. 300 are delivered and the others are handed out at the Mas Canosa Youth Center. Residents have to apply at city hall.
- 114 children are assisted with uniforms and 120 are assisted with school supplies. The school supplies are given directly to the schools in our area, as for the uniforms the parents have to apply at the city. During the month of July before school starts.
- Sports Registration: The City of Sweetwater's Park and Recreation (Mas Canosa Youth Center) provides baseball, dance, basketball, tennis, soccer, and karate for ages 5 and up. Depending on funding and average of 64 a year.
- Sweetwater residents can apply for food vouchers to Winn Dixie at city hall. Servicing 25 people every 3 months
Contact Us: Special Projects
|Social Services Supervisor||Yaima Vega||Tel: (305) 221-0411 Ext. email@example.com|
|Constituent Services||Yaima Vega||Tel: (305) 221-0411 Ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.